Chandigarh to Manali (310 km / 8 hours)
On arrival at Chandigarh airport our assigned driver will pick-up and transfer to Manali. On the way visit Pandoh Dam and Kullu Shawl factory. On arrival in Manali check-in the hotel. Evening at leisure. Dinner and night stay at the hotel in Manali.
After breakfast proceed for a full day Manali local sightseeing, visit Hadimba Temple, Monastery, Old Manali and in the evening enjoy A walk on Mall road Manali. Dinner and night stay at hotel.
Manali – Rohtang Pass /Snow Point sightseeing
After breakfast proceed for a full day excursion to the Mighty Rohtang Pass and Solang Valley. Rohtang Pass is famous for around the year snow and snow capped mountains view. Solang Valley is well known for adventure activities like – paragliding, zorbing, snow scooter and ATV rides. You can take a cable car ride in Solang Nalah. On the way back to Manali take a hot bath in hot springs in Vashisht. Dinner and night stay at the hotel in Manali.
Note: This is an optional tour at an extra cost of taxi (rates as per union rates)
Manali – Jibhi
Today after breakfast precede to Jibhi, on the way visit Nagar Castle, Roerich Art Gallery. In the evening visit waterfall. Dinner and night stay in Jibhi. Complimentary bonfire.
After breakfast, proceed to Jalori pass, from here a guided trek to Serolsar lake. Dinner and night stay in Jibhi
Jibhi – Chandigarh
After breakfast proceed to Chandigarh. On arrival drop at railway station/Delhi Airport.
– Manali half day sightseeing.
– Visit Rohtang Pass /Snow Point.
– Guided trek to Serolsar lake.
– Private vehicle from Chandigarh for 6 days.
– Chaini Fort Trek/Sharingi Bagi Temple
– Chaini Village is popular for ancient Chinese art and archeological wonder Jibhi Fort. Chaini Village can be reached as a 3-4 hour trek from Jibhi. The trek starts from a point called Chiladhar which is some 4 km from Jibhi on the way to Banjar. There is a little diversion to Sharingi Bagi temple from Chiladhar so you can easily notice that.
– Sharingi Bagi temple is another major attraction which lies on the mid way. There is a well outlined trail till the temple. The trail passes through small villages, cedar forest, apple plantations, and thin waterfalls etc. The five storeys Jibhi fort is the most impressive building. Indigenous people also reported that top 2 storeys fall down in an earth quake. Rocks used in the foundation of this fort are not found in this region hence its early development is still a mystery for archaeologists.
– Though Jalori (3120 meter) is one of the highest Motorable passes of lower Himachal Pradesh which connects Shimla to Manali via Banjar Valley. Jalori does not witness heavy snow fall hense open through-out the year. From Jibhi, the first bus to Jalori departs at around 9:00 AM in the morning and takes around 2 hour to reach Jalori pass.
– Sarehul Lake is some 6 km from Jalori Pass. Sarehul Lake and temple are highly revered among locals of Banjar Valley. Hundreds of pilgrims follow this trail to offer their prayers to the main deity. Pilgrims circle around the lake and drops Pure Desi Ghee on its periphery. Trek to Sarehul Lake is easy trek with some steep points and patches in between. It takes around 2 hour to make it to Lake from Jalori Pass. Most of those were from neighboring villages and were visiting the temple to celebrate a festival.”Budhi Nagin” i.e. goddess of Ghee (clarified butter). Local legend has it that if you pray to the goddess, then you get good quality ghee products.
– Drive to Jalori pass 12 kms from Jibhi camp and then 3 hours easy trek to Raghupur fort through dense oke trees.
– Crystal mountain.
– Duration: 5 days (extendable by 2 more).
– Time of trekking: April – mid July, mid Sept – Nov.
– Level of difficulty: easy to moderate.
– Range of altitude: 1800 – 3600 m.
– A 5-day round-trip covering a variety of landscapes. Starting from Seraj in Jibhi through a beautiful river valley with authentic village atmosphere, dense and enchanting forests up to Seraul Lake. For three days, the trek then continues along the ridge at an altitude between 3200 and 3600m through open meadows and stands of Himalayan oak. Along the way, pass ancient shrines of Hindu deities, and there are magnificent views of the surrounding hills and snow capped peaks of the Great Himalayas. Finally reach crystal mine where you can collect your personal mountain crystal. Plenty of time is allowed for bird watching and an introduction to the local flora. On the last day we descend through thick forest again until reaching Seraj .The best time for this trip is July to September.
(1). This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
(2). In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
(3). Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Incredible Himachal Holidays. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.