This is the unique package, which is suitable for all, adventure seekers as well as families. We cover the best adventure destinations in himachal Dharamshala, Billing and Barot in this package. In this package, you will Explore Tibetan attractions in Bir, Visit the paragliding site in Billing, Optionally do the Paragliding from world’s best site, then move to Barot, stay in guest house in Barot, do Fishing in Uhl River in Barot, Spend night in camp fire, optionally do trekking from Barot to Billing paragliding meadow (13kms).
About Barot and Bir Billing
Barot is located in Himachal Pradesh India, at about 500 Km from Delhi, located at altitude of (1,830 m) Just 40 km by road from Joginder Nagar and 12 km by the haulage trolley, Barot is known for enormous range of outdoor activities. The reservoir of the Joginder Nagar Hydel Power Project is located here. A trout breeding centre makes it a wonderful place for angling. Barot is also famous for the River Uhl and Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary, which has ghoral (The Himalayan black bear) Bir – Billing is known as world’s best paragliding site located in Himachal. The Department of Tourism and Civil Aviation, Government of Himachal Pradesh organizes the ‘Para Gliding Pre world Cup’ at Billing- Bir in the month of October. It is also ‘the place’ for Hang gliding and Para Sailing. Bir is also home to famous Bir Monastery.
Attractions around Bir
Bir Tibetan Colony : Bir Tibetan Colony was established in the early 1960s following the exile of the Dalai Lama and other Tibetans from Tibet. It houses several Tibetan monasteries (representing the Nyingma, Kagyu, and Sakya traditions), a Tibetan handicraft center, a Tibetan Children’s Village school (Suja), a branch of the Tibetan Medical and Astrological Institute (Men-Tsee-Khang), a medical clinic, and the Deer Park Institute. The Bir Tibetan Colony (often simply called “Colony” by locals) is at the west end of the village of Chowgan, about a 20-minute walk (or five-minute taxi) below Upper Bir.
Deer Park Institute : The Deer Park Institute is a ‘centre for the study of classical Indian wisdom traditions’ established by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche in March 2006 under the patronage of the Dalai Lama. The Institute hosts frequent guest lectures and workshops with reputed scholars and meditation teachers. Chokling Gompa is the monastery of Neten Chokling Rinpoche, a reincarnate lama in the Nyingma tradition of Tibetan Buddhism and the director of the film Milarepa (2006). The Tibetan architecture and large stupa are the principal attractions for casual visitors. In addition to its ongoing programmes for its full-time monastic students, the monastery periodically hosts Buddhist ceremonies open to the public. There is a guest house and restaurant on the premises.
The Bir Tea Factory : Tea factory is a longstanding Bir cooperative, which offers tours for those interested in the process of tea production.
Bhattu Palpung Sherab Ling Monastery : Just a few kilometers west of Bir is Upper Bhattu, better known by the name of its landmark, Sherab Ling, a sprawling Tibetan Buddhist monastery and retreat complex. Sherab Ling serves as the exile seat of the 12th Chamgon Kenting Tai Situpa, one of the regents of the Karmapa and the Karma Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. Sherab Ling periodically hosts courses in Buddhist meditation and philosophy.
– All transfers, sightseeing by AC Vehicle as per the itinerary.
– Hotel Stay in Dharamshala, Bir, Billing Camp, Barot Camp, Bonfire in Billing and Barot, Fishing in Uhl River etc.
– All taxes, driver allowances, parking etc.
– Staying arrangement also offered.
– All meals all guides, porters, cook, camping Equipment.
– Cost include transportation before and after the trek, accommodation, & meals before and after the trek.
– Vehicle AC / Heater will not work at Hills on Vehicle
– 4X4 Jeeps due to heavy snowfall to reach Hotel OR Sight Seeing Point.
– Rohtang Pass (need NGT permission 24 hrs before)
– Tips and porter charges.
– Any additional expenses & Any Entry tickets cost.
– Heater Charges (300 –500/- per Night direct paid to hotel if required)
– Cost of any excursions.
– Early check-in and late check-out at the hotel.
– Item of personal nature viz, tips, laundry, room service, telephone, alcoholic or non-alcoholic
– Any other services not specified above.
– Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Roadblocks, and natural calamities.