Known as the Paragliding capital of India, Bir attracts adventure lovers from throughout the country and the world. Hence, some of the best time that you might spend here might be with your feet in the air. We have the best camping and paragliding tours. Our paragliding pilots are trained and experienced. Bir is a town located in Baijnath area of the state of Himachal Pradesh in northern India. Located about 2.5 hours away from Mcleodganj, 6 hours from Chandigarh and 11 hours from Delhi. Famous for adventure tourism and known for having the second highest jumping spot in the world, Bir is a perfect weekend as well as honeymoon destination in Himachal. However, Bir is also a noted centre for ecotourism, spiritual studies and meditation. It is also home to a Tibetan refugee settlement and hence, several Buddhist monasteries. The most famous among them is the Palpung Sherab Ling Monastery, a must visit place for the travellers who are looking to explore Himachal.
While Billing is the takeoff site for paragliding and Bir for landing collectively it is known “Bir Billing”. However, this heaven of a place is not just limited to Paragliding, you can go trekking to Himachali tribal villages, pump up the adrenaline with some rock climbing, go for mountain biking in Palampur or just chill out with your loved ones while fishing at the riverside.
The people here are super friendly, peace loving and have a certain joy of living as they go around their daily life. Although, the population of Bir is mainly Indian agriculturalists, there is also a sizable community of Tibetan refugees in the Bir Tibetan Colony and a small community of international expatriates and long-term students, volunteers, and visitors.
– All trekking and Camping arrangements Include Alpine/Dome shape tents, Sleeping Bags/Sleeping.
– Mattress/Dry Pit toilet tents etc.
– All vegetarian meals during trek and camp start from Lunch on day first to Lunch on day last of the Camp.
– Expert Mountain Guide with English speaking.
-Cook and Kitchen Helper.
– Travel between Delhi and Mcleod Ganj can be arranged by us on request.
– Transport between Mcleod Ganj and Naddi.
– Any Mules, Porters hired to carry Personal Baggage/ Luggage.
– Any meal/services not mentioned above.
– Alcohal, soft drinks, beverages etc.
– Personal expensis like telephone calls, tips, laundry etc.
– Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.