Why this bike trip?
Leh Ladakh Bike Trip is the best way to experience the challenges of rugged terrain, High Altitude passes and numerous streams crossing. Leh Ladakh Bike Trip is not for the faint hearted one it’s only for the adventurers.
Our Trans Himalayan Manali Leh Ladakh Bike Trip takes you from Manali to Ladakh through some of the highest motor able roads in the world as we visit breathtakingly beautiful places like Leh, Sarchu, Pangong Lake, Nubra Valley and finally Srinagar via Zozilla Pass.
– Fitness Required for Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
– You should be absolute fit to undertake this tour as most of the you will be riding at high altitude and as the air gets thinner oxygen becomes less abundant. The percentage saturation of hemoglobin with oxygen determines the content of oxygen in our blood. After the human body reaches around 2,100 m (7,000 feet) above sea level, the level of oxygen in our haemoglobin begins to plummet. Other than the road conditions make it a challenging tour.
– The Leh Ladakh Bike Trip is suitable for people with good fitness. Please consult your doctor before coming for any high altitude trip.
Prior Experience: Ideal trip for a beginner :
– Thinghs to Carry, Things to get for Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
– Poncho, Rain Coat or Umbrella any one is must
– Backpack (Min 55 Ltrs)
– Floaters or Sandals, Gum Boots, 2 Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants
– 3 Pair of Socks, Full Sleeve Sweater or Fleece Jacket
– Bikers Jacket, Gloves & Knee Gaurd, Sun Cap
– One Scarf, Light towel, Lip Balm
– Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+), Water Bottle 1 Lt
– Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries, Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
– Personal Medicine Kit, Dark Sunglasses, Gloves
– CAMERA with huge memory card and fully charged with extra batteries !
frequently ask Question:
Question. What is the Leh Ladakh Bike Trip?
Answer. Leh Ladakh Bike Trip is a Bike tour which takes you to Ladakh via Himachal crossing some of the most beautiful high altitude passes in the world.
Question. What is the Leh Ladakh Bike Trip Best Time?
Answer. Leh Ladakh Bike Trip best time is from June to October. This is the Leh Ladakh Bike Trip best time as in June all the high altitude passes open after the winter season and in October when they get close again.
Question. What are the temperatures during the Leh Ladakh Bike Trip ?
Answer. During the Leh Ladakh Bike Trip temperature vary between 5 to 20 degrees. There will be considerable variation between night and day and in the direct sun and shade, so it is important to plan accordingly.
What medicines should I carry during the trip :
– Below is a list of basic medicines you should carry for a high altitude trek.
– Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
– Band aid – 10 stripsGauze cloth – 1 small role
– Leukoplast – 1 small roll
– Cotton – 1 small roll
– ORS – 5 packets
– Betadine cream
– Moov spray
– Crocin – 5 tablets
– Avomine – 4 tablets
– Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
– Diamox – 15 tablets
– Combiflam – 5 tablets
– Disprin – 10 tablets
– Norflox – 10 tablets
– Digene – 10 tablets
– Is Diamox advisable ?
– Diamox help in acclimatization but we do not advise it please consult your Doctor before taking it.
Question. Who will lead and who all will go along with us ?
Answer. All our treks are led by certified & Experienced Guides. We believe in sustainable adventure eco-tourism which in effect means that our teams are locally sourced.
Question. How big are the groups ?
Answer. We make it a point not to have more than 15 people in a trekking group as we believe that the best way to enjoy adventure is in small sustainable groups.
Question. What is the minimum number of people required for Fixed Departures ?
Answer. Our Fixed departures are guaranteed and a promise to our customer that even if there is a Single trekker we will proceed with the trek at a loss.
Question. I am the only girl in a trip, is it safe ?
Answer. We generally have a ratio of Male: Female of about 2:1. Mountains on the whole are much safer than the plains. Lots of solo female trekkers join us and we make it a point that only female trekkers share the tent with other female trekkers.
Question. What type of vehicles are used for transportation ?
Answer. We use Sumo/Xylo/Tempo for transportation.
What do you do if we encounter a medical emergency during the trip ?
Our team at Incredible Himachal Holidays is trained in handling high altitude emergencies. Apart from being trained mountaineers they bring a wealth of experience with dealing with high altitude illnesses. We carry First aid kits and oxygen cylinders with us and in case of other medical emergencies we rescue the participant till the road head. If any additional cost of evacuation is incurred it is borne by the trekker. Also before the trek it’s your responsibility to get a medical fitness checkups by a doctor which certifies you are fit enough for this trip.
Can we change the itinerary?
Incredible Himachal Holidays reserves the right to change the itinerary depending upon the weather conditions and other factors. If extra cost is incurred due to rescheduling the trekker is informed beforehand and extra cost if any is borne by the trekker. Please note that we operate treks in some of the most remote regions and harshest conditions where unforeseen events may force us to change the itinerary. In such cases, we or your trek leader will suggest the best alternative similar to your original itinerary.
Can you customize the Leh Ladakh Bike Trip ?
Yes Leh Ladakh Bike Trip can be customised, if you would like to travel independently, you are invited to choose any of the trips at your convenient time for any number of people. The Cost for private customised trip is fixed on the basis of group size, trek area, duration and trek style.
What if trip is cancelled at the last moment due to ‘force majeure’?
All the arrangements for the tour are pre-planned and prepaid.
We will offer you alternate trek options of similar value depending upon the weather conditions if a trek is cancelled due to ‘force majeure’. In case of non-completion of the tour due to any reason whatsoever there will not be any refund for any unutilized services.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
Up to 24 Days :- 95% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Between 14-24 Day :- 70% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Between 14-08 Days :- 50% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Less than 7 Days :- No refund
What is your Rescheduling Policy ?
We will reschedule your trek without any extra charge if this is conveyed to us in writing ateast 1 month before the trek starting date.
Between 07-24 Days before start of the trek :- 30% of Trek/Tour cost will be charged for rescheduling.
Less than 7 days:- 100% of Trek/Tour cost will be charged for rescheduling.
Manali :Manali is the base location for our Leh Ladakh Bike Trip . Our meeting point in Manali is the Government bus stand opposite the mall road. We will pick you up at 10:00 AM in the morning and start the drive to Jispa. The entire drive from Manali to Jispa takes around 8 Hours.
Reaching Manali by Road (Bus)
Manali is well connected with comfortable Volvo buses run by government and private operators. You can catch luxury and normal buses to Manali which are available from ISBT Kashmiri Gate in delhi. The journey takes around 12-14 hours.
Reaching Manali by Air
– Closest airport to Manali is Kullu Airport which is well connected via flights from Delhi. The distance between Kullu and Manali is around 1 hour. To check flights available check makemytrip.com/yatra.com/easmytrip etc.