Chandigarh – Jammu – Patnitop (400 Kms)
Today we embark on our road trip to the land of lakes, high passes & mountain deserts through a different route via Patnitop near Jammu. It is a calm and quiet hill town in Jammu district surrounded with pine forests and is ideal for nature walks. Spend a night here.
Patnitop – Srinagar (200 Kms)
Today we proceed further towards Srinagar through the famous Jawahar tunnel. Enrooted we will witness some of the most stunning sceneries as we enter the Kashmir valley. Reach Srinagar and spend a night in a houseboat / hotel. Evening you can walk around the famous boulevard area near Dal Lake.
Srinagar- Sonamarg- Zozi la Pass (11319 ft.)- Drass- Kargil (200 kms)
Today we will ride the most famous tourist places of Kashmir valley like Sonamarg famous for glacial views. We will cross Zozila pass to visit War Memorial at Drass renowned for being the coldest place on earth and later head to the land of martyrs, Kargil. We will arrange an evening bonfire and stay the night in Camps.
Kargil- Namik La (12139 ft.) – Fotu La (13451 ft.) – Lamayuru-Leh (210 kms)
Today we will start very early in the morning as we strive to enter Leh city post visiting Lamayuru, a Tibetan Buddhist monastery which is enrooted. It is one of the largest and oldest Gompas in Ladakh with a population of close to 150 permanent monks residing there. Spend overnight in the hotel at Leh.
In and Around Leh
Today spend the day at leisure doing individual activities to get acclimatized at such a high altitude. You can visit the local markets and several monasteries like Hemis Gompa, Shey palace or Leh palace, Shanti Stupa etc. Get to know local culture and cuisines and stay overnight in the hotel.
Leh – Khardung La (17582 ft.) – Nubra (Distance – 112 kms)
The names mentioned above need no introduction. World’s highest motor-able road is one of the prime focuses of the tour. Spend some time in the pass and enjoy the panoramic view of the Indus and Zanskar Himalayan Ranges. Overnight stay in Nubra.
Nubra – Leh (115 Kms)
Today we return to Leh and stay overnight at Leh.
Leh – Chang La- Pangong Tso (120 Kms)
Today we will cover the third highest Motor-able road which is Chang La to get to one of the most popular crystal blue brackish lakes of Ladakh, Pangong. We will spend some time near the lake and then check in to our tented accommodation for an overnight stay in Pangong.
Pangong – Leh
Return to Leh today for an overnight stay.
Leh -Tanglang La (17470 ft.) Morey Plains-Pang-Lachulung La (16597 ft.) Naki La (15551 ft.) – Sarchu (270 kms)
Today we will start our journey to one of the 10 most scenic routes in the world: The Leh-Manali highway. We will pass through the 40 KM stretch of the high altitude plain and grassland of Morey Plains with almost 200 sq km of area, cross the famous Lachung La and Naki La as we reach Sarchu where we put up our tents for an overnight stay.
Sarchu – Keylong – Manali (230 Kms)
Today we will cross the Baralacha La and enter Himachal Pradesh to reach Keylong, headquarter to the Lahaul region of Lahaul & Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. We reach the famous hill town of Manali crossing the Rohtang Pass, said to be one of the most scenic passes in Indian Himalayas. Stay at Manali and enjoy the pristine beauty of green town.
Manali-Bilaspur-Chandigargh (Approx 300 Kms)
Ride through the NH 21 to reach Chandigarh as the tour ends there.
– Note: The helmet, gloves and other personal equipments may kindly bring your own.
– Before starting the tour from Manali, clients will have to make a security deposit of Rs. 4,000 per bike. Once the tour comes to an end, the full amount will be returned to the client at the ending point provided there is no damage to the bike.
– This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
– In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
– Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Incredible Himachal Holidays. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.