Angling or Fishing as it is more commonly known is an extremely popular recreational activity in the West and is now gaining popularity in India as well. It basically means fishing with the use of an angle or fish hook. More and more people are showing interest in this sport and taking to locations in the foothills of the Himalayas to take part in this activity.
Pong Lake and River Beas, lying in the lap of the mighty Dhauladhar mountain ranges in the Kangra Valley, irrigated with streams hurling down from perennial glaciers, and in the midst of groves and fruit trees, serve as attractive fish grounds for many angling enthusiasts. Kangra has been known as the home of the mighty Golden Mahseer to which effect various evidences are available from the vivid accounts of many anglers interested in this big fish.
Besides Mahseer, the other fish available are Malhi, Soal, Bachwa, God Shingara (Catfish) etc. Although there are many rivers and streams where Golden Mahseer is available, River Beas with approximately 40 kms length and Pong Lake with 402 sq.km area are considered the best in Himachal Pradesh for Golden Mahseer angling.
– Stay in standard hotels on double sharing basis.
– 02 breakfasts at the hotel.
– Angling License provided for two guests.
– All Angling Gears.
– Angling Guide.
– Taxi transfers from Hotel.
– Vehicle AC / Heater will not work at Hills on Vehicle
– 4X4 Jeeps due to heavy snowfall to reach Hotel OR Sight Seeing Point.
– Rohtang Pass (need NGT permission 24 hrs before)
– Tips and porter charges.
– Any additional expenses & Any Entry tickets cost.
– Heater Charges (300 –500/- per Night direct paid to hotel if required)
– Cost of any excursions.
– Early check-in and late check-out at the hotel.
– Item of personal nature viz, tips, laundry, room service, telephone, alcoholic or non-alcoholic
– Any other services not specified above.
– Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Roadblocks, and natural calamities.